SDS Project Managers work with our clients to oversee the planning, implementation, and tracking of specific short-term projects which have a defined beginning, end and specified deliverables. SDS Project managers are skilled at getting the best out of the people and projects that they manage. They thrive when planning projects and working with our client’s project teams. SDS Project management responsibilities include delivering every project on time within budget and scope. Their project managers have backgrounds in business skills, management, budgeting and analysis.
Job Duties may include:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
Necessary Job Skills:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with client standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance the client’s organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the client.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the client.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information & activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the project forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations to the client and/or resolve the problem.